November 22, 2012

"A Flipping Funtastic Opportunity"

Dear Reader, 

Every once in a while, something comes along in life that you just can't pass up. Something that you would regret not doing. It may not be an easy thing to do, but it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. 

Today, I've been putting the final touches on a foreign exchange grant application. If I'm selected, I'll be spending my Junior year in one of the following countries: Bosnia, Egypt, Ghana, Morocco, Turkey, Oman, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Mali, South Africa, or India. 

I've always dreamed of stepping out of my comfort zone by studying abroad, living with a host family, learning a new language out of necessity, and immersing myself in a new culture. 

And this is an opportunity of a lifetime. Something I can't pass up. Something I would regret not doing. I realize that it's not going to be easy to leave. I'll miss my family, my friends, and my cats....but it will be worth it in the end. 

And flipping funtastic. 

NM

(also, I'd continue to blog as I studied overseas...and that would be an entertaining read to say the least. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment