January 1, 2013

New Year's Resolutions

Dear Reader,

"Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve" -Ben Franklin

I like to set new year's resolutions, determining to start the year off right and make it GREAT.
But unfortunately, I tend to forget those resolutions, then another year is gone, and I'm like "Fudge Monkeys!!!......guess it's time for New Year's resolutions again."

So I guess it's time for New Year's resolutions again. But this time I'll make them public. And I'll call them goals, because they just make more sense that way.

Nicholas Merrill's New Year's Goals
  1. Learn French
  2. Develop self-discipline
  3. Become empathetic
  4. Avoid comfort
  5. Actively pursue opportunities for growth
  6. Learn to go through all aspects of life with a positive attitude
  7. Waste no time
I'd appreciate you walking up and kicking me in the face if I don't do these things this year. (Please don't harp on me like crazy though, because that would try my patience, and I'm going to work on that next year. :)

I exhort you to set your own resolutions, steal some of mine, share your resolutions, and live up to them. It'll be fun, and you won't be saying "Fudge Monkeys!!!!" on Dec. 31, 2013....you'll be mentally high-fiving yourself for being awesome. 

Have a happy New Year, y'all...and thank you for reading my crazy ideas and thoughts my blog. :) Love, NM




No comments:

Post a Comment