December 19, 2013

"Ho Ho Home"

Dear Reader,

Abu Dhabi is a great place to live. My family's got a comfortable apartment here, the winter weather is FANTASTIC, and we're finally settled. I get to frequently see Rolls Royces, Ferraris, and Maseratis, UAE National Day was unbelievable, the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque is absolutely beautiful, and I've been able to learn things that I couldn't possibly have learned before.

It's great here, but I think that Dorothy really said it best......."There's no place like home!", and my heart still belongs to Tomball, Texas.

As Christmas day draws closer, my thoughts have turned to ho ho home. I feel that I need to let everyone back home know that I love y'all.  I hope that you all appreciate what a blessing it is to be where you are. I would advise you this holiday season to stop for a moment, look around, and appreciate what you have, because "ya don't know whatcha got 'til it's gone".

I would also like to take a moment and thank all of the folks here in the Emirates for being so kind and for helping my family adjust. But more specifically, I'd like to thank my swaggin' peers at ACS. Y'all have made life here so much easier.

I honestly ho ho hope you have a happy holiday season, my dear Reader. And remember.....the best way to spread Christmas cheer is by singing loud for all to hear.

Rock on. NM

No comments:

Post a Comment