November 24, 2013

"Nicky and the Jets"

Dear Reader,

Late this afternoon, just before the final bell rang at school, I heard a loud rumble from outside the classroom window. A classmate asked what the noise was and someone else explained that "Those were just the jets."

"The jets?" I thought. "Why the gypsy are there jets flying above our school? Is this normal?"

Incredibly curious, I turned around and looked out the windows behind me, trying to catch a glimpse of the planes. Unable to see anything from within the room, I waited in anticipation until the bell rang. I quickly went outside to see what I could see. As I walked across our school's grass field, I heard the roaring engines of the jets overhead once again. Shielding my eyes from the sun, I scanned the skies, hoping to catch a glimpse of them.

Out of the blue.......literally........Two jets tore through the airspace overhead. I then did what any teenager in their right mind would've done.......

With my cellphone's video camera now in hand, I searched the skies again, looking to capture the jets on video. Here's the edited version of the footage I shot, placed in chronological order. For full effect, you ought to play the clip fullscreen. 


(I do apologize for talking during the video.......It's always annoying when people are like "Whoah broski!!! That was so dope!!!" But don't judge......If there were an unexpected airshow going on above your school or workplace, you'd probably react similarly.) 

After watching that video, my dear reader, you might've asked yourself, "Jets? Why the gypsy were jets flying above Nick's school? Was that normal?" To be frank, I don't know. I guess that's just how it goes here in the UAE.

Never a dull moment. NM


No comments:

Post a Comment